Netmap can be used to make a graphical representation of the surounding network. It first uses traceroute to make a list of all routers and their interconnections, after which it generates a .dot file. You need the Dotty program to view the graphical representation.
- Graphviz : http://www.graphviz.org/
NetMap appeared in the sf.net blog: here.
New in NetMap 0.1.3:
- Fixed compile issues.
- Fixed ifstream mode problem on Solaris
- Support for mtr and traceroute -I
- Resovled hostnames are cached between runs
- Hosts that don't respond on the traceroute are mapped as unknown hosts
- Fixes and tweaks